The BLIBLI Indonesia Open was scheduled to be held in Jakarta during June 16 to June 21. This event is one of the three BWF Super-1000 category events scheduled during the year.
While the other International events as Australian Open (scheduled on June 2-7), Thailand Open (scheduled on June 9-14) and Russian Open (scheduled on July 7-12), also suspended due to coronavirus.
Following the International events, Badminton World Federation also suspended the Junior and Para Badminton Tournaments.
Last week, BWF froze the World Rankings and World Junior Rankings until further notice, with ranking lists backdated to 17 March 2020. BWF will provide more clarity on the unfreezing of rankings once it is deemed safe to resume tournaments.
The ranking lists issued on 17 March 2020 will serve as a basis for entry and seeding into the next international tournaments.
Men’s Singles –
- Kento Momota (JPN)
- Choun Tien Chen (TPE)
- Anders Antonsen (DEN)
Women’s Singles –
- Tai Tzu Ying (TPE)
- Chen Yu Fei (CHN)
- Akane Yamaguchi (JPN)
Men’s Doubles –
- Marcus Fernaldi Gideon / Kevin Snajaya Sukamuljo (INA)
- Hendra Setiawan / Mohammad Ahsan (INA)
- Li Jun Hui / Liu Yu Chen (CHN)
Women’s Doubled –
- Chen Qing Chen / Jia Yi Fan (CHN)
- Yuki Fukushima / Sayaka Hirota (JPN)
- Mayu Matsumoto / Wakana Nagahara (JPN)
Mixed Doubles –
- Zheng Si Wei / Huang Ya Qiong (CHN)
- Wang Yi Lyu / Huong Dong Ping (CHN)
- Dechapol Puavaranukroh / Sapsiree Taerattanachai (THA)
To see more latest sports news, visit our page newsup2date.in sports