Virender Sehwag Happy birthday. Virender Sehwag age is 42 years old. He was born on 20 October 1978 in Najafgarh, Delhi. His nicknames are Viru, Nawab of Najafgarh, Sultan of Multan. He is a Former Indian Cricker.
Widely known as as one of the most destructive batsmen of all time, Sehwag played as an aggressive right-handed opening batsman and also bowled part-time right-arm off-spin.
Awards won by Virender Sehwag
- Arjuna Award (2002)
- Wisden Leading Cricker in the World (2008, 2009)
- ICC Test Player of the Year (2010)
- Padma Shree (2010)
- Polly Umrigar Award for International cricketer of the year (2007)
Sehwag married Aarti Ahlawat in April 2004, wedding hosted by Arun Jaitley. The couple have two sons, Aryavir (born on 18 October 2007) and Vedant (born in 2010).
He played his first One Day International in 1999 and joined the Indian test side in 2001. He is the former Occasional captain of India, former Vice-Captain of India, former captain of Delhi Daredevils and former captain of Delhi Ranji Team.
Virender Sehawag Records
- Only batsman in the history to have scored 7,500-plus runs in both Tests & ODIs as an opener.
- Fastest Test triple century (278 balls).
- Highest ever Test score in history at a 100-plus strike rate: 319 runs.
- 1st Indian batsman to have scored a Test triple century.
- 3rd fastest Test double hundreds in terms of balls faced. He also has four of the top ten fastest Test double hundreds to his credit.
- 3rd highest individual score in ODIs:- 219 runs (against West Indies).
- 2nd highest number of 4’s in a Test innings: 47.
- 2nd highest number of fours in an ODI innings: 25.
- Most Test runs in a day: 284.
Now, he is serving as the member of Anti Doping Appeal Panel of National Anti Doping Agency under Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India.
For more latest news, visit newsup2date.in